Thursday 31 December 2009

Gall stones!


At the end of November I had another attack of gallstones which seemed to go away but then came back with a vengeance the next morning! The mission doctor came to see me, confirmed that the problem was gallstones and arranged for me to see a consultant at the local hospital a few hours later. He gave me some strong painkillers which unfortunately made me extremely nauseous and dizzy; even driving to the hospital, being moved in a wheelchair once I got there and then when they took me for X-Rays on my bed, all movement made me throw up; felt pretty awful that day! That eased enough the next day for me to have an MRI scan which, with the X-Rays and ultra sound, confirmed I had at least 4 large gallstones plus other bits and pieces in the gallbladder! Surgery happened Weds 25th Nov and through prayers and fasting of family and friends, the doctor was, to his surprise, able to perform keyhole surgery; the tests had shown inflamed liver, gallbladder etc which made keyhole surgery unlikely. Such a relief when he came to see me 9pm that night to tell me that all had went well with keyhole procedure. More or less back to normal now, took it easy for a couple of weeks and rested when I felt tired! Had some beautiful flowers delivered from the kiddies and a cute card from Ellie and Jayden!
We just love the batik which you can see on the wall behind the flowers! Where are we going to put the stuff we have bought and know we will buy here!!! More to the point, how on earth will we get it all home! Think we'll have to leave all our clothes here!

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear you came through well! Gallbladder surgery is no fun, well are there any that are? LOL.. So happy you're back on your feet and moving fast again :)

    ReplyDelete